What’s the best oven cleaning method for commercial ovens?
I’m having difficulty keeping my oven clean – What’s the best oven cleaning method?
Tackling dirty ovens/cookers and cutting through grease can be one of the most difficult & time consuming tasks carried out in the kitchen.
There are various degreasing liquids & powders available from a variety of manufacturers & suppliers which will make this job a LOT easier. Let’s take a look at what Trichem recommends.
When tackling the oven itself Trichem’s Oven Clenz is a great choice. It is perfect for the rapid removal of grease and charred food debris from both the interior & exterior of the oven.
Oven Clenz comes ready to use in both 5L & 750ml spray bottles. The user can choose between a traditional liquid spray trigger or a foam spray trigger – which gives the product a ‘clinging’ quality, ideal for the interior of the oven.
Oven Clenz is also a great choice for the cleaning of deep-fat fryers, extraction hoods & filters, skillets, waffle baskets etc.
- Heat your oven to a ‘hand hot’ temperature – not too hot as you will be working on the heated surfaces, and the product will simply evaporate when sprayed onto a surface which is too hot.
- Turn off the oven.
- Spray the surfaces to be cleaned & leave to dwell for 10-20 minutes dependant on the soiling.
- Simply wipe/rinse off with a clean damp cloth ensuring product is removed – Stubborn deposits may require scouring.
Things to remember when oven cleaning:
- Always ensure the area is well ventilated.
- Do not use on soft/galvanised metals (such as aluminium).
- Remember to switch the oven off after heating to a hand hot temperature.
- Always use the recommended PPE such as heavy duty oven cleaning gloves & goggles.
What else is required for commercial oven cleaning?
- Heavy duty long oven cleaning gloves.
- Safety goggles.
- Scouring pads
- Disposable cloths.
- Oven cloths.
- 5 LTR – 4C Oven Clenz – Caustic Based Oven Cleaner £13.29 +VAT
- 6x 750ML – 4C Oven Clenz – Caustic Based Oven Cleaner £17.75 +VAT
4C Oven Clenz is designed for rapid removal of grease and charred food debris from the interior and exterior of ovens, deep fat fryers, extraction hoods and filters, skillets, waffle baskets etc.
Lee joined Trichem in 2013, previously working in the car industry. Lee works east central Scotland. 07974 137174